Danville UMC Vision: Connect to God… Connect to Others… Connect to the World…
Maybe you want to reconnect with church again after an absence or are attending church for the very first time. Maybe you are an active church-goer who just moved to the area. Whatever your situation, you might have questions before you check us out. That’s okay. Here are some of our most frequently asked questions. If you have others, feel free to give us a call at (317) 745-4330 or email us at email@example.com. We can’t wait to meet you!
Can I come as I am? Yes! You will find a variety of dress at DUMC … from suits and dresses, to khakis or jeans. Being here is much more important than what you are wearing.
Where do I park? Parking is all around the building. Handicap parking is on the west side of the building on the curb. There are many more spots to the north and east. We do not have assigned parking at DUMC; anywhere you find a spot is fine!
Will there be someone to help me find my way? We have greeters at all entrances who will be happy to welcome you and show you where to go.
What are worship times and styles? We have a traditional, more formal worship service at 9:00, and a contemporary, more relaxed worship service at 11:00. We offer Sunday school for all ages between services starting at 10:10.
Will I be embarrassed? Absolutely NOT! We’re not going to ask you to stand to be recognized. We won’t ask you to sit down while we stand up. Though some folks will have the words to songs or prayers memorized, this is certainly not a requirement. All words and lyrics will be shown on a screen in the front of the church. All who attend are welcome to take Holy Communion in the Methodist Church, and we can direct you on how to participate. Men, women, and children are all encouraged to participate in worship at DUMC.
Are there activities for my kids? We love kids! We offer Critterland, which is our children’s church, for kids age 3 yrs-5th Grade. Kids in this age group are invited to leave church service to attend their own, age-appropriate worship service, which includes games and crafts. We also offer a nursery for our smaller attendees. But if you would prefer to have your children of any age stay with you in worship service, please know that the sound of children is music to our ears! We don’t expect perfect behavior!
The United Methodist Church Mission :”To make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the World.”
Core Values of Danville United Methodist Church
- Life-change happens best in community as we care about and address the needs of others, offering encouragement and hope to all. (Acts 2:44-47; Col. 3:12-13)
- We should passionately worship God, alone and in community. (John 4: 23; 1 Cor. 12:27-28)
- All persons should actively participate in the ministries of the church, using their God-given gifts. (Romans 12:11)
- Loving relationships and respecting one another, should be a part of every aspect of church life. (1 Cor. 10:24)
- Prayer is the way to communicate with God and build on our relationship with Jesus and all decisions of the church should be made after group prayer to determine God’s plan. (Colossians 3:12-17; 1 C or. 10:24)
- It is our responsibility to follow Jesus’ example by being inviting and welcoming while sharing the love and teachings of Jesus. (Matt 9:13; Phil. 4:9)
- All people matter to God, and therefore, they do matter to our church. (James 1:27, James 2:5, 1 Peter 2:9-10)
- All should strive to learn the truths within the Bible. (Psalm 119:105; Matt. 5:14-16)
- In generously supporting the ministries of our church. (Luke 6:38; Acts 20:35; 2 Cor. 9:7)
- Our church should be led by men and women with God-given leadership gifts to pursue God’s mission. (Acts 6:2-5; Ephesians 4:11-12; 1 Peter 4:10-11b)